HOLLYWOOD CLOSE-UP TAKES A WALK ON THE
“SUPER FUNNY” SIDE
AT THE 2014 L.A. COMEDY SHORTS FILM FESTIVAL…
Thursday, May 15 – Sunday, May 18, 2014
- We started the Festival week off right at The Network Studios on Hollywood Close-Up with Directors Jeannie Roshar & Gary Anthony Williams.
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE HERE!
Thursday, May 15th
- The “Super Funny” Friends greeted us as we arrived on the red carpet at the Downtown Independent Theatre for the UP, UP, AND AWAY: CELEBRITY OPENING NIGHT SCREENING!
- Laraine Newman (SNL) and Wendie Malick (“Hot in Cleveland”) chatted with Hollywood Close-Up just moments before the screening of their movie, Girls Season 38.
Friday, May 16th
- Fun times at Angel City Brewery with Festival Producer, Kelly Frazier at the OPENING NIGHT PARTY!
Saturday, May 17th
- After the very informative Friday morning panel, PRODUCING POWERS, ACTIVATE! Michael Swanson (Production Executive Universal Television) shared how passion plays a major factor in the projects he produces.
- Moderator Gary Anthony Williams with Saturday morning panelists; Melissa Peterman (“Baby Daddy”, “Reba”), Jon Huertas (Sequestered, “Castle”), Michaela Watkins (Bunion, “Trophy Wife”) Tara Strong (“My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic”, “Family Guy”), Yvette Nicole Brown (“Community”, “The Soul Man”) and Chris Kattan (“The Middle”, SNL) are the FAMOUS PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT S&*%!
- Yvette Nicole Brown told Hollywood Close-Up that the best advice she follows is to, “Live below my means.”
- If Michaela Watkins could go back in time the advice she would give herself is to, “Stop apologizing.”
- Jon Huertas shared the story of the first time he met John Leguizamo.
Sunday, May 18th
- After the Sunday morning’s WRITE ON – WITH YO SUPER BAD SELF!, panelist Kyle Loftus (TV Literary Agent at APA) informed Hollywood Close-Up what he looks for in a writer, “It’s always about the original material.” When a writer is preparing to get an agent specifically for TV, Kyle advises, “Get that writer’s assistant job, get that time in a room, start meeting showrunners and other writers.”
- Robin Thede (Writer “The Queen Latifah Show”), a presenter at the RED CARPET AWARDS GALA! at Exchange LA, shared “I just love how this festival embraces all sorts of comedy. Doesn’t matter if it’s super broad or super subtle, anybody can enter and anybody can win.”
- And the winners are…Marc Schlegel (Director The Funeral of Harald Kramer, Best Comedy Student Short), Graham Parke (Writer Debbie the Viking, Short Comedy Screenplays), B. Brisbane (Writer Zen and the Art of Karaoke, Feature Comedy Screenplays ), Tracy Reilly (Writer “Modern Family – Claire’s Day Out”, Half Hour Comedy TV Spec Scripts), Ezra Godden (Director Future Self, Best Comedy Short) Dustin Hahn (Director The Birth of the Moon, Best Comedy Shortie-Short), Stacey Wilson with Gary Anthony Williams.
CONGRATS TO ALL OF THE FILMMAKER WINNERS
CONGRATS TO ALL OF THE SCRIPT WINNERS & FINALISTS
- Commie Award recipient “Weird AL” Yankovic chatted with us about his new album.
- Thank You L.A. Comedy Shorts Team: Ryan Higman (Festival Producer), Jeannie Roshar, Gary Anthony Williams & Kelly Frazier for a “Super Funny” and Informative Weekend!
LISTEN TO OUR L.A. COMEDY SHORTS FILM FESTIVAL RECAP EPISODE
THIS IS NATALIE LIPKA & WAYNE FRAZIER. UNTIL THE NEXT ONE…PEACE!!!
LIKE OUR PICS? RODERIQUES PHOTO
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT L.A. COMEDY SHORTS FILM FESTIVAL CLICK HERE
Time To Share My Beauty Secrets | Hollywood Close-up with Natalie and Wayne
July 2, 2015 @ 11:04 am
[…] for Christmas, I learned how to make Sephora work for me. When I was getting ready for the last L.A. Comedy Shorts Film Festival, I realized I needed new eyeliner, mascara and some serious red carpet lipstick. I walked into […]